You can leave your cape at home, but by joining HRConnection – NBCUniversal's employee support team – you'll be a superhero to our 35,000+ employees each and every day. NBCUniversal is in the business of creating and delivering content so compelling, it entertains, informs, and shapes the world – and you'll be an integral part of that purpose! By joining our team, you are empowered to provide NBCUniversal employees the best support possible resulting in exceptional feedback, increased employee productivity, and stronger workplace relationships.
As part of NBCUniversal's Corporate HR Team, HRConnection maximizes the breadth of NBCUniversal's resources and actively contributes to NBCUniversal's best-in-class work environment by expertly solving employee questions and concerns related to HR, Benefits, Payroll, and well…anything else!
Our employees know that they're just one call or click away from connecting with an expert who can help them navigate the unique employee experience at one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies.
Our HRConnection experts deliver professional support to both employees and Field HR partners with a smile, empowered by the challenge and thrilled by the support they offer.
As an HR Assistant, Employee Support Team, you will be responsible for providing employee and Field HR support via email, chat, and voicemail channels, providing support to the team with special projects, evaluating and analyzing employee data, recommending and clearly explaining solutions, and documenting your work in our case management system. You will be part of an environment that values and creates progressive learning opportunities in a multitude of HR operational and specialty areas - there's no better place in our organization to learn the skills needed to become a brilliant HR tactician!
• Provide knowledgeable, efficient and courteous support to employees and Field HR partners who reach out to HRConnection with questions about benefits, compensation, payroll, policies, and other HR-related matters
• Be a cheerful and encouraging team member who positively contributes to the overall experience of your fellow teammates and our employees
• Add value to the services offered by HRConnection in consistent pursuit of creating a world-class employee support experience
• Put yourself in the shoes of our employees and use empathy to actively listen and understand their unique needs
• Make it easy for our employees to get the information they need, when they need it
• Look for more efficient solutions to problems using creativity and candid feedback in the pursuit of execution excellence
• Take ownership of your personal and professional success by seeking out and engaging in continuing education opportunities and experiences
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
• Prior customer/employee support experience required
• Prior HR experience strongly preferred
• Willingness to work overtime with short notice
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
Communication - We convey confidence by communicating clearly and concisely.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate well with individuals, and convey clear messages in a group setting
• Heavy data entry and typing with high production expectations
• Ability to read your audience and adapt your message accordingly
• Bilingual skills in Spanish are a plus
Connection - We build trust through listening, inquiring, confidentiality, and accountability.
• Superior customer service skills including but not limited to a courteous and pleasant phone/email demeanor and demonstrated willingness to go the extra mile
• Ability to analyze and assess the unique needs of employees
Affability - We are eager to exceed expectations by building trusting relationships infused with warmth and sincerity.
• Demonstrated passion for providing clients with proactive solutions and building strong relationships
• Willingness to seek out alternative ways to get things done to meet the unique needs of an employee
Knowledge - We persistently pursue continuing education opportunities and seek out ways to annihilate our knowledge gaps.
• Ability to take the learning path, leaving assumptions and judgments behind
• Strong sense of perseverance and curiosity in tracking down hard to find answers
• Intermediate to advanced expertise with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Professionalism - We take the high road at all times and know the power of a simple smile or kind word.
• Ability to act with integrity at all times, instilling a sense of confidence and trust in our partners, clients, and customers
• Ability to maintain a positive attitude in the face of adversity, providing the same level of support to everyone regardless of their behavior
• Ability to positively represent and evangelize HRConnection at work and in the community
Engagement - We get involved and stay involved with our team and know that being checked-in at all times is the only option.
• Demonstrated commitment to curiosity and probing questions
• Demonstrated commitment to punctuality and attendance
• Commitment to physical and emotional self-care
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv7qk0-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.