As a Network News Editor, you will be responsible for editing stories, including news and features for our Special Shows, News Magazines, Hoy Dia, Al Rojo Vivo, and Network Newscasts.
• Coordinate show editing needs with producers.
• Responsible for developing the video portions of newscasts, including reporter packages, VO/SOTs, VO's, bumps, teases, and headlines.
• Prepare programs and packages for control room and studio production.
• Troubleshoot any logistical or editing issues along with supervisor and engineering.
• Responsible for archiving and supplying digital content for the news shows
• Work under the direct supervision of the Manager, News Post-Production and is responsible for completing any other tasks as assigned by manager or supervisors as needed.
• Bachelor's degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience
• Minimum of 2 years of video editing experience in a television production environment
• Fluency in Spanish and English
• Proven experience using Avid News Cutter, Media Composer, Avid Interplay, and iNews software
• Working knowledge of NEXIS shared storage systems
• Experienced with various software and standards for video encoding, authoring and output for distribution to various formats, including web-distribution
• Highly proficient with Sapphire FX, 3rd party plug-ins and Adobe Creative Cloud Suite.
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 & associated tools.
(job # : )
• Willingness to travel with short notice and on weekends
• Must be willing to work in the greater Miami, Florida area
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must be fluent in Spanish (speak, read & write)
• Must be willing to work flexible hours including late and/or last-minute scheduling changes in a 24/7 production work environment
• Must be available to work (whenever necessary for show production) early mornings, evenings, holidays and weekends
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced, dead-line driven environment
• Accustomed to working in a team and collaborating with all levels within the organization
• Demonstrates strong attention to detail
• Ability to build rapport with clients and manage expectations
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4jyqv-3-235-175-15-42 in your application.