Director, Sales Marketing, Sports Partnership Development
New York, NY
As more and more advertisers embrace digital media, the need for media companies to effectively manage their ad inventory grows dramatically. The ability for Account Executives and Sales management to know what is available, and when, is essential to the business process. The NBCUniversal Digital Media Sales Inventory team is dedicated to providing the highest level of ''sales intelligence'' while maintaining business flow and ensuring the most effective use of our ad inventory.
In this role, the Analyst, Sports Digital Inventory, will be primarily responsible for the processing of inventory-related requests for the expanding portfolio of ad products across our premium NBC Sports Digital properties & partners such as the NFL, YouTube, Vox, Golf, NHL, Premier League, and The Olympics while also supporting ancillary requests that include our digital portfolio. The analyst will determine inventory levels and usage patterns, and coordinate with the National Sales Planning team in discussing allocation within a fast-paced environment.
Core responsibilities include:
* Coordinate and profitably allocate advertising inventory for NBC Sports Digital & partners across various platforms, including, but not limited to: Video, OTT, Handheld, Tablet, Display, & custom ad products
* Considerable focus on supporting Planning effort by providing on-request inventory avails, and final sign off on sales proposals for NFL, NHL, Premier League, NASCAR, Golf, etc.
* Thoroughly review and approve insertion orders through order management system & effectively communicate any discrepancies with planning team
* Handle requests for our growing, data-focused/audience-driven aspect of the business, including Programmatic & Audience Targeting
* Provide optimization recommendations to the planning team for campaigns pacing at risk of under-delivery
* Responsible for keeping current processes documented and accurate
Additional responsibilities include:
* Assist Sales Management with reporting needs including proactive inventory reporting, site pacing against forecast, sales management reporting, risk reporting, and any ad hoc campaign reporting requests as needed.
* Collaborate with team on maintaining an Excel-based forecasting tool providing weekly granular and detailed estimates across the NBC Sports Digital property
* Work with traffic and Planning to manage revenue at risk; provide input and solutions to address campaigns at risk
* Along with team and Sr. Director of Inventory, analyze and understand inventory levers and patterns to refine Excel-based methodologies for forecasting all types of ad inventory
* QA and maintain inventory tools/systems
* Four year degree (B.A.,B.S) from an accredited college of university
*A minimum of 2 years online media experience is required. Ad Operations / Inventory Management background strongly desired.
*Proficiency with MS Excel (including pivot tables – role is Excel heavy)
*Strong work ethic
*Extensive problem-solving skills; strong analytical approach and mindset
*Ability to learn quickly and work independently
*Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects and tight deadlines
*Detail-oriented and organized
*Self-motivated and resourceful
*Ability to effectively communicate and interact with all levels in the organization, both written and verbally
*Attraction & quick adaptation to ever-changing digital landscape
* Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
*Should expect to work weekends during Tokyo Olympics
*Strong knowledge of the digital media business, especially video advertising
* Fluency in the language of digital media and online measurement: impressions, CTR, CPMs, eCPMs, uniques, page views, visits, referrers, viewability, demo comps, etc.
*Knowledge of Operative.One or similar Order Mgmt. System
*Knowledge of Freewheel, Google Ad Manager (DFP), or Nielsen DAR/comScore VCE
*Passion for the digital business and sports