Primary A1 audio mixing engineer for live news format and entertainment productions.
• Mix live and taped news format productions with heavy emphasis on remotes and server playback.
• Manage and update intercom panels and IFB designations.
• Manage shared resources for seamless control room switching.
• Prepare elements and control room for live and taped productions.
• Test and verify equipment: Networked audio console, intercoms, RF and hard line microphones, RF and hard line IFB's, routers, multiple audio and video servers, GPI interface with video switcher.
• Construct multiple discrete mix-minus feeds.
• Interface with editorial and control room staff to determine elements and solutions for new and ongoing productions.
• Set up and operate small format audio cart for presentation and simultaneous to air situations with small frame console, IFB feeds, wireless microphones, IFBs, intercom and PA.
• Embellish, edit, and sweeten audio in post using Protools and sound effects library.
• Interface daily with audio team to research and design audio solutions pertaining to production needs.
• Research and recommend new equipment.
• Must display a strong sense of team with audio group and all levels of staff.
• Minimum of five years audio experience; Minimum of two years of broadcast audio operation on Calrec audio board platform.
• Extensive knowledge of digital/analog signal flow within large format networked audio consoles.
• Knowledge of digital routing systems, ADAM intercom systems, ENCO work station, RF microphone and IFB Equipment, PC and Mac small format audio editing software.
• Knowledge of Protools in an audio edit format (not used for live to air).
• Must have an extensive knowledge and understanding of signal flow
• Must be available for all shifts (weekends and holidays); requires flexibility with last minute schedule shifts and a requirement to work overtime, as needed
(note job #)
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Ability to work in fast-paced, team-oriented environment and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Strong client service and interpersonal skills
• Ability to handle pressure in an on-air environment