NBCUniversal Global Distribution is responsible for the sales and distribution of NBC Universal product to all forms of television and new media platforms in over 200 territories across the globe, its revenue portfolio exceeding $5Bn per year. This includes a rich library of more than 4,200 feature films and 110,000 television episodes, including current and classic titles, non-scripted programming, sports, news, long-form and short-form programming, and locally produced content from around the world. NBCUniversal Global Distribution is a division of Comcast NBCUniversal.
The Assistant Manager is responsible for managing and administering multiple worldwide media deals for digital media (i.e. TVOD, SVOD, PPV, Etc.) in designated territories and for the Global SVOD team; providing support to the international Sales Team.
• Effectively manage complex licensing deals for multi-national digital media platforms including iTunes, Google Play, Amazon, HBO and Netflix including Pay deals.
• Maintain and establish direct relationships with new media clients and vendors. Field and effectively provide answers and guidance with queries/needs that arise.
• Ownership of contractual administrative process; including but not limited to providing legal notices and product availability lists while ensuring all contractual obligations and deadlines are met.
• Manage agreements by tracking titles, rights licensing periods, pricing schedules, potential conflicts and obtain deal approvals using company's exclusive WW system.
• Research rights, which includes liaising with legal and others, then confirm license periods for products in eligible media deals.
• In conjunction with our Distribution group, research material availability and censorship restrictions for potentially licensed products.
• Monitor territory schedules for new products and their associated rights, ensuring all titles are windowed through pertinent media deals in order to maximize revenue.
• Work closely and with our Distribution group to ensure the timely delivery of product and ensure coordination between Sales, Finance, and Servicing on permissible shipping dates for new sales.
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above descriptions and may be modified at any time by the Department or NBCUniversal.
• 5 years of professional work experience in media including at least 3 years' experience in TV licensing / distribution.
• Educated to a degree standard.
• Demonstrated computer literacy (excellent excel skill).
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• High level of organizational skills, ability to multitask, and excellent attention to detail required.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and professionally with both internal and external clients/customers.
• Team player willing to be flexible and responsive to the business/department needs.
• Must work effectively under own initiative.
• Understanding of avails and product windowing.
• Proactive individual who contributes to the efficiency of the department.
• Ability to read and interpret legal agreements/documents.
• Must work effectively under own initiative.
Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary Range: $62,000-$70,000.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rebpe5-3-239-117-1-42 in your application.