Fantasy Football Content Creator
Freelance Digital Affiliate Editor, Olympic Games
PLEASE NOTE: This is a project / limited term position with an estimated duration of June 2021 – March 2022, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
The Digital Affiliate Editor will work with the digital, editorial and social media staffs of over 230 local NBC affiliate stations in their coverage and promotion of the Tokyo Summer Olympics in 2021 and Beijing Winter Olympics in 2022. Serving as an expert resource and point of contact for all aspects of the NBC Olympics digital effort, the Digital Affiliate Editor will help NBC stations across the country tell Team USA's stories. This position will report to the NBC Sports Digital Affiliate and Distribution Manager and is part of the at-home digital team for NBC Olympics in our Stamford, CT headquarters.
• Support the digital and editorial staffs of the local NBC affiliate stations in the lead-up to and during the Tokyo and Beijing Olympics, by serving as an expert resource on Team USA athletes, competition schedules, NBC Olympics digital coverage plans, etc.
• Coordinate delivery of NBC Olympics digital content to the affiliates, including selected highlights of Olympic competition, segments from the Olympic Zone show, and RSS feeds of articles, videos and photos
• Distribute information about the Olympic Trials and Olympic Games schedule, as well as details of live stream coverage and video on demand (highlights, replays, interviews, etc.) on NBCOlympics.com, NBCSports.com and the NBC Sports app
• Manage database of Team USA hopefuls and qualified athletes to be used by affiliates to identify athletes with a connection to their local market
• Train affiliates on the workflow for uploading locally-produced videos to NBCOlympics.com
• QA and review all local video to ensure it meets required technical specifications, and publish to NBCOlympics.com
• During the Olympics, send email alerts to affiliate stations containing links to the day's top live streams, highlights and other digital content, in addition to information on developing storylines, featured athletes, and medal-winning performances
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• Minimum one (1) year experience in digital media, preferably in sports
• High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office suite environment
• Familiarity with web and video publishing tools, and basic HTML
• Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
• Unfailingly professional demeanor while representing NBC Sports and NBC Olympics
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including occasional night and weekend hours in the pre-Olympic period, and weekends and overnight shifts during Olympic Games-time as needed
(note job #)
• Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
• Ability to work the full duration of the Olympic Games
• Must be willing to work overtime, nights, weekends and holidays
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal' s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
• Strong knowledge of and enthusiasm for multiple Olympic sports and the NBC Olympics brand
• Versatile, self-motivated and able to work well both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
• Technically proficient; ability to quickly master multiple content management systems
• Excellent organizational and time management skills; can maintain a high level of attention to detail in a deadline-driven environment
• Experience managing a high volume of projects and requests simultaneously
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5b6qe-3-238-96-184-42 in your application.