Producer, Weekend Today & Special Events
New York, NY
As a Supervising Producer you will be part of the network's centralized booking team, overseeing all political bookings for NBC News. Primary responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Managing and motivating a small team responsible for landing all political guests across the network.
• Develop and maintain relationships with high profile contacts and sources.
• Brainstorm innovative and strategic ways to land exclusive bookings and elevate our content.
• Identify and pitch key political stories and guests that will drive the news cycle.
• Engage talent to land competitive, exclusive political guests.
• Generating guest ideas and content for all our special political coverage (primaries, elections, debates, Inauguration, etc).
• Coordinate with booking leadership on breaking news and cross platform initiatives.
• Work alongside political beat reporters on daily pursuits, story ideas and contacts.
• 10+ years of political booking experience, preferably for a network or cable program.
• B.A. Degree.
• Established network of contacts and relationships in DC.
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicarerers.com to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in Washington, DC.
• Willingness and ability to travel, as needed.
• Willingness to work overtime, and on weekends with short notice.
• Demonstrated strong knowledge of politics
• Demonstrated self-starter with the ability to handle multiple, high priority tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Proven have strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to manage a team and interface with leadership and talent across NBC News