At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It's our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU's vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It's what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
As a Researcher, you will work directly with Associate Producers, Producers and Senior Producers to help write and assist in the production of original content for the 9AM hour of TODAY.
• Assist in producing original news content, primarily for broadcast, including research, conducting interviews and supporting field producing and shooting
• Researcher is expected to both pitch story ideas and work on assigned stories developed by the editorial team
• Researcher is expected to help fill in for PAs and GFX coordinators, where needed
• Researcher is expected to take morning control room shifts to help with live show
• Must have a Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communication, English, History or a related field of study, or equivalent experience
• 1+ years of experience working in production, at the network or syndication level
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, as researchers consistently work against deadlines, and often in breaking news situations
Additional Job Requirements:
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must be ''on call'' 24 hours a day / 7 days a week
• DV shooting experience
• Experience in non-linear editing
• Strong journalistic writing skills, research skills, and editorial judgment
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments
• Knowledge of NBC News Policies and Guidelines and Practices
• Demonstrated strong knowledge and interest in news, current events and pop culture
• Experience using social media
• Ability to work with various NBC News departments, including the HUB, Satellite Operations, Crew Desk, Graphics, Affiliate Relations and NBC News Channel.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roo9op-3-236-231-61-42 in your application.