New York, NY
This position is represented by the NewsGuild-CWA.
Want to be part of a fast-evolving, trailblazing news team? Great! We're looking for someone to help assist in the production of our daily news show, Stay Tuned, on Snapchat, as well as content for other NBC News platforms. Think of yourself as the go-to person between APs, producers & editors as they work their magic. Responsibilities include:
• Work closely with APs & producers to select and gather visual elements for daily segments and longer pieces
• Research & fact check with speed and accuracy
• Write occasional segments
• Work closely with editors to manage assets for edits
• Work with rights and clearances to ensure clearance of all elements used
• Pitch story ideas for day-of and future segments that appeal to GenZ
• Other duties as necessary to support the daily production
• At least one year of experience in broadcast, cable,
digital, or streaming platforms
• Proficient in non-linear editing systems, including Adobe
• Familiar with the process of searching for video
• Able to work flexible hours, under tight deadlines,
including breaking news.
• Willing to work in New York, NY
• Ability to work well both independently and
collaboratively as part of an integrated team.
• Ability to be a self-starter and problem-solver.
• Strong follow-through, attention to detail, verbal and
written communication skills.
• Demonstrate strong journalistic writing skills, research
skills and editorial judgment.
• Can identify and understand the types of stories GenZ
• Familiar with tv and digital production procedures,
standards and practices.
• Strong interest in news and current events
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re8jw0-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.