As an Executive Assistant, you will provide administrative support for NBC News. You will serve as the office liaison, communicating with internal NBCU divisions and with external businesses.
• General administrative duties including meeting planning, travel planning expense reports, scheduling, phone/mail, supplies, filing and other business matters.
• Schedule and arrange meetings and conference calls with internal and external parties at a fast and constantly changing pace.
• Handle heavy telephone contact with all levels of internal and external executive management and employees.
• Screen telephone calls, visitors and letters. Answer routine questions and furnish information.
• Utilize judgment in handling inquiries from vendors, candidates, employees, and resolve concerns/issues as necessary.
• Handle confidential information with absolute discretion.
• Plan staff and other team events including staff meetings, senior team meetings and off-sites when necessary. This includes managing all aspects including vendor selection, catering, audiovisual, and other logistics.
• Bachelor's degree and at least one year of news production and/or administrative experience.
• Exceptional computer skills with proficiency in MS Office Suite and social media.
Additional Job Requirements:
• Demonstrated strong knowledge and interest in news and current events.
• Must be willing to work in New York City.
• Must be willing to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news. The ability to work overtime, as needed.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with all levels of management.
• Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion.
• Flexible, organized, self-starter, and extremely detail-oriented – able to seek out answers and resources on own.
• Exceptional time management skills with the ability to prioritize and juggle numerous projects and deadlines in an extremely fast-paced and high-volume environment.
• Proactive thinker with understanding of how to apply data.
• Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and on a team.
• Awareness of NBC News programs, on-air correspondents, policies, guidelines and practices.
• Knowledge of iNews, AVID Interplay and editing software.
• Passion for news/politics.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyx3j3-3-230-144-31-42 in your application.