New York, NY
NBC News Digital is looking for an editorial assistant to help expand its commerce content and shopping recommendations.
We're looking for a detail-oriented editorial producer with SEO chops who wants to help NBC News readers make smarter and more responsible shopping decisions. You'll have a hand in developing and expanding the NBC News Shopping commerce content footprint.
The editorial assistant will work closely with the SEO editor to create shopping guides and recommendations based on daily, weekly, monthly and seasonal search trends. This position will report to the editorial director of NBC News Shopping.
You will be expected to regularly communicate with the editorial team on layout and copyflow best practices, as well as with the partnerships and distribution teams on placement, social and other promotional best practices. Your main priority will be mastering our processes and workflows, and working them into SEO-focused shopping articles. You will also help schedule, create, update and publish content in line with editorial plans set by the SEO editor, and help ensure all moving parts stay moving.
Our top priority is informing readers with fact-based and well-sourced shopping recommendations. The ideal candidate will be interested in and eager to learn how to best serve readers through shopping articles that are data-driven, easy to understand and compelling, from content to format.
• Research, write and produce shopping articles
• Help create shopping content primarily for NBC News Shopping, as well as for NBC News verticals like BLK, Latino, Out and Asian America.
• Identify and update appropriate evergreen content on a timely basis to meet the editorial demands of the news cycle
• Participate in regular editorial meetings
• Work with the social and engagement teams to help create and promote shoppable content
• Optimize new and existing posts based on affiliate partnerships and commerce opportunities
- Minimum one year experience with CMS and editorial workflows a huge plus
- Minimum one year experience with SEO research and analytics
- Some media or editorial experience
- Commerce editorial experience a big plus
- Work experience for a news brand a big plus
- Knowledge of affiliate marketing platforms including
Skimlinks, Amazon, Linkshare and Rakuten a plus
- Proficiency in crunching data to uncover actionable
- Proficiency with general CMS practices
- Experience with editorial project management
- Attention to detail and ability to make quick decisions
- Ability to manage many different tasks at once and under
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work across