Director, Business & Legal Affairs
Warner Music Group
New York, NY
The Director, Rights and Clearances, is responsible for acquiring third party clearances and implementing rights and clearances policies for NBC News Group, including;
• Promptly facilitating rights clearance requests, researching copyright ownership, analyzing rights and risks.
• Develop and implement new processes to increase efficiency, to enhance data collection and searchability and to prioritize projects.
• Negotiating and drafting basic licensing agreements.
• Managing a rights database.
• Archival responsibilities.
• Supervise group of Rights and Clearances professionals
• J.D. Degree - Juris Doctor degree
• 5+ years' experience in legal training and experience with intellectual property and copyrights
• Legal experience drafting license agreements
• Demonstrated ability to solve problems, prioritize decisions and successfully manage multiple assignments concurrently in a high-pressure environment
• Must be willing to work some weekends/holidays.
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal's affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law
• Outstanding communication, organization and time-management skills
• Strong negotiation skills
• Strong technology and database management skills
Strong personnel and management skills
• Ability to work in a fast paced, demanding, creative production environment
• Experience with iNews and archives systems a plus