Digital Media Librarian
New York, NY
We are expanding and growing NBC News Now big time and fast. We need a creative, passionate team of journalists to make the magic happen morning, noon, and night.
Get in touch if you're an amazing Video Editor who knows how to craft compelling visual stories and love collaborating on a team.
But hurry. We've got a lot to do.
This position is represented by the NewsGuild-CWA.
This position supports the morning show and is an overnight shift.
• Editing video. Lots of it. Some simple edits, lots of quick turnaround edits using footage being fed in from the field, and complex doc-style packages too
• Utilizing the wide range of NBC content to create powerful video segments
• Provide guidance and support to a team of producer / editors to make every project better.
• Multi-task and juggle multiple edits for regular and breaking-news programming
• Comfortable working across broadcast and digital systems
• Quality check all video content
• Keep senior producers and the EP up to date with assignment progress
• Fluent in Premiere and Avid. Comfortable in After Effects.
• You've been working in broadcast, digital or cable for 5+
years – preferably working on live daily shows, or high-
volume digital teams.
• You've edited non-fiction content in the past, preferably
• You have strong editorial judgment, understanding of
• You are willing to work in New York, New York
• You're a visual artist and video is your medium. You love
to take high quality material and craft a story.
• You're calm under deadline
• You could sync and organize a project in your sleep,
color correct for breakfast, adjust levels for lunch, and
finish with some basic animation for dinner.
• You live for the moments when news is breaking and
time to air is short
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r116o0-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.