NBCUniversal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal's affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The NBC News Washington, DC Bureau is offering a Digital Ingest Specialist position. This position is intended for individuals with a strong interest in production and technology within television journalism; specifically, network news and cable news. The position manages records, ingests content, routing, and troubles technology. Ideal candidate has a strong technical background and understanding, ability to build strong professional relationships, a flexible schedule, and able to work in a highly deadline-driven environment.
• Conversion of various media files from one format to another; migration of data and media to or from other devices.
• Assist Producers, Shows, Assignment Desk and other ''clients'' with the Media Ingest process.
• Transfer content between various workgroups upon the request of the clients.
• Operate and manage the interface required to record feeds directly into the AVID system, specifically Cyradis.
• Provide Quality Control of incoming feeds.
• First contact for Producers and Clients when file based ingest issues arise. Troubleshoot issues and seek assistance from the appropriate party.
• Back-up digital media as requested or required, verify successful ingest of media before original data is returned to client or media is formatted.
• Assess best way to ingest a variety of file types, troubleshoot problematic file formats and Codecs.
• Import files from other locations, such as Latakoo, Web Sites and FTP sites.
• Create digital screening exports for producers and clients, delivered online or as physical memory.
• Coordinate with Producers and Clients to organize footage efficiently when it is Ingested.
• Utilize various online methods to gather interviews using Skype, Zoom, FaceTime, etc.
• Provide guidance to users during the production day.
• Set Audio/Video levels to spec and verify signal quality of remotes prior to air
• Knowledge in booking, coordination and understanding of streaming technology such as LiveU, iNet or Dejero.
• Remote interface based control of technical infrastructure including satellite receivers, decoders, and router control.
• Minimum of 3 years' experience working in a large market and/or related field
• Extremely strong knowledge of basic computer functions on PC and Mac platforms.
• Production or News environment experience/familiarity.
• Familiarity with digital media workflows - Transcoding and digital file delivery.
• Extensive experience with Avid Edit software and Avid Interplay tools.
• Ability to interact closely with Broadcast Maintenance team and other technical support areas within Operations.
• Comprehensive understanding of the broadcast signal and delivery of video and audio to the Web.
• Technical aptitude and the ability to grasp new digital technologies, concepts and processes in an ongoing changing digital world.
• Must be flexible with schedule; Willing to work weekends and overnights.
• Data collection understanding; data management (on local and shared storage devices).
• An individual with a very strong desire to learn, take on new technologies and challenges.
• Strong communications skills with co-workers and clients .
• Able to multi-task and make effective decisions in a high pressure deadline driven environment.
• Knowledge of both traditional transmission technologies and equipment as well as newer IP, social media, or personal device-based streaming platforms.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r142vx-44-192-254-173-42 in your application.