The Associate Producer role at Nightly News Weekend is a premiere role to help TV journalists take their careers to the next level. It not only offers training on the key building blocks of television news producing, and exposure to key parts of the larger news organization, it also allows the opportunity to produce pieces from beginning to end. The role offers the chance for Associate Producers to gain all the skills – and a reel – to power their career forward on whatever path they choose.
• Assist with all aspects of production, from editing VO's for the broadcast, to coordinating graphics, to pulling elements and researching.
• Assist producers and senior producers in the development of stories – booking, pre-interviewing, and element-gathering.
• Pitch and Produce. AP's on Nightly News Weekend are expected to pitch stories and then develop, produce, and sometimes write the pieces for air on the broadcast.
• Must have at least 3 years of editorial experience working in production at the network or cable level, preferably with evening television
• Bachelor's degree preferred
• Must be proficient in Outlook and iNews
• Must be willing and able to travel and work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news
• Must be able to work additional hours beyond scheduled shift with little or no notice, if needed
• Must be willing to work overtime, nights, holidays, and weekends, often with short notice
• Shooting and desktop editing skills, and preliminary package producing skills required
Additional Job Requirements:
• Must be willing to work in NYC
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• DV shooting experience
• Knowledge of non-linear editing systems including Avid
• Demonstrated strong knowledge and interest in news and current events
• Strong journalistic writing skills, research skills, and editorial judgment
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments
• Knowledge of NBC News Policies and Guidelines and Practices
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkejx0-3-234-211-61-42 in your application.