Part Time Production Assistant
WPTZ/NBC5 has openings for two part time Production Assistants. We are looking for energetic team players who understand the flexible schedule that the broadcast industry requires to join our production crew. They will be responsible for operating cameras, teleprompter and video equipment; as related to live broadcasts and post-production. Must have good technical skills, and good communication skills. Responsibilities include floor directing, assisting the news department, and other duties as assigned. This position is based in-person at our South Burlington, VT studio facility.
• Operation of cameras, prompters, sets and other production equipment. Ability to troubleshoot equipment necessary.
• Lighting and script preparation for newscasts.
• Video cueing during newscasts.
• Maintain professional appearance of studio/sets.
• Assist the directors as needed.
• Working knowledge of television newscast equipment and software required.
• Videography experience helpful.
• Related military experience a plus
• Must have a good attitude, be willing to learn, and be a team player.
• Must be able to problem solve quickly and work well under pressure and tight deadlines.
• Attention to detail a must.
• Understanding of Grass Valley Automation a plus.
• Position is in-person, at our South Burlington, VT studio facility.
• Bachelor's degree in Communications preferred. Current local students encouraged to apply.
• Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and associated experience enthusiatically considered.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv7vpn-35-172-136-29-42 in your application.