Part Time Job
- Part Time
NBC5/WPTZ, a Hearst
Television station in the Burlington/Plattsburgh market, has an opening for a
part time Production Assistant. We are looking for an energetic team player who
understands the flexible schedule that the broadcast industry requires to join
our production crew. This person will be responsible for operating cameras,
teleprompter, and video equipment; as related to live broadcasts and
post-production. Must have good technical skills, and good communication
skills. Responsibilities include floor directing, assisting the news
department, and other duties as assigned.
• Operation of cameras, prompters, sets and other production equipment.
• Lighting and script preparation for newscasts.
• Video cueing during newscasts.
• Maintain professional appearance of studio/sets.
• Assist the directors as needed.
• Working knowledge of television newscast equipment and software required.
• Videography experience helpful.
• Related military experience will be considered.
• Current local Broadcast Journalism/Communications and/or TV/Video Production students encouraged to apply.
• Must have a good attitude, be willing to learn, and be a team player.
• Must be able to problem solve quickly and work well under pressure and tight deadlines.
• Attention to detail a must.
• Understanding of Grass Valley Automation is a plus.
• Bachelor's degree in Communications preferred. Current local students encouraged to apply.
Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and associated experience will be considered.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households.