Senior Data Analyst (Nat Geo)
National Geographic seeks a database savvy Sr. Data Analyst to join its business intelligence team, assisting stakeholders across the organization with actionable insights around its growing subscription business.
Working independently, the analyst will build and maintain automated dashboards and other projects that will promote discovery around the subscriber journey, content consumption and customer attributes.
The ideal candidate will combine skillful data querying abilities with a comprehension of digital marketing and business drivers, honing the ability to proactively identify opportunities for analysis around lead generation, acquisition, and retention efforts. Potential areas of analysis may include newsletters, social media, mobile apps, and digital storytelling.
A successful candidate will be eager to learn and strive to find the ''why'' behind performance metrics, understanding what drives engagement within our potential audiences. They will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills that inspire and build trust to nurture working relationships across the broader National Geographic Content team.
• Query appropriate tables and complex data sets to create and maintain automated dashboards to deliver KPI/metrics reporting.
• Field adhoc data requests from stakeholders
• Proactively identify opportunities to utilize customer data to answer timely business questions and help make decisions.
• Strive to understand the business objectives behind requests and make recommendations.
• Assist with A/B testing and measurement of results.
• Minimum 5 years of experience as a data analyst or similar role
• Advanced experience developing data visualizations and dashboards using Tableau, Domo or similar tools.
• 2+ years' experience wrangling complex datasets using SQL or Python to analyze and turn them into insights.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
• Experience analyzing and interpreting data from websites or digital marketing channels such as email, display, affiliate, search, social and mobile.
• Ability to translate, communicate, and visualize metrics into a digestible format for all levels of understanding.
• Highly organized and able to prioritize multiple demands in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work well in a cross-functional team and enjoys working with a great group of people.
• Strong communication and data-storytelling capabilities
• Lives within a commutable distance to DC office (we are onsite 4 days a week)
• Experience with Adobe Analytics is a plus
• Enthusiasm and/or experience with journalism/editorial content websites
• Experience working with data APIs in near-realtime.
• Bachelor's degree in business/marketing or quantitative field (e.g. Statistics, Analytics, Mathematics, Engineering)
About Disney Entertainment Television:
Disney Entertainment Television is a collection of renowned content brands at The Walt Disney Company creating original entertainment and news programming for the company's streaming platforms Disney+, Hulu and Star, and its broadcast and cable networks. Its extensive portfolio is comprised of ABC Entertainment, ABC News, ABC Owned Television Stations, Disney Branded Television, Freeform, FX, Hulu Originals, National Geographic Content and Onyx Collective, in addition to Disney Television Studios, which include 20th Television, 20th Television Animation, ABC Signature and Walt Disney Television Alternative. Responsible for over 4,500 hours of programming a year across more than 300 programs of all genres, Disney Entertainment Television's creative brands are at the forefront of groundbreaking storytelling, captivating audiences and generating critical acclaim. In 2023, Disney Entertainment Television's programming excellence earned 163 Emmy® nominations across daytime, primetime, news & documentary, and children's & family categories.
This position is with National Geographic Partners PAY SVC, which is part of a business we call Disney Entertainment Television.
National Geographic Partners PAY SVC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6w1x8-44-200-77-92-42 in your application.