Marketing Operations Specialist
New York, NY
MSNBC is looking for an experienced Segment Producer for MSNBC Reports with Chris Jansing.
This position is represented by the Writers Guild of America East.
• Research, report and write daily segments.
• Determine video and sound for assigned segments.
• Communicate daily story development with senior producer.
• Be in control room during airing of live segment.
• Take part in editorial planning.
• Pitch story ideas.
• Must have a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
• 5 years of experience in some form of journalism
required (i.e. cable or network news, website,
• Candidate should be able to deal with daily script
Additional Job Requirements:
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under
tight deadline pressure, including breaking news.
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19
vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated,
submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days
following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the
commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced
protocols if Company determines your job position
requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19
workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Possess ability to develop story ideas, research, and
• Edit room experience and breaking news experience is
• Strong writing skills and knowledge of American politics.
• Strong research and reporting skills.
• Ability to ''book'' guests, and work with graphics and
• Exceptional editorial skills: Ability to recognize stories
with high potential for provocative, compelling television.
• Knowledge of current events, politics, and pop culture.
• Wide-range reader of news, including op-eds.
• Proficient in both tape and desktop editing.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq98z6-3-238-72-122-42 in your application.