New York, NY
All In with Chris Hayes is looking for an experienced Segment Producer to join their team.
Responsibilities include, but will not be limited to:
• All aspects of producing & writing daily television segments, including research & reporting.
• Finding and determining the video, sound & graphic elements for assigned segments.
• Communicate story development with senior producers.
• Work in a control room environment during airing of live segment.
• When warranted, field produce segments.
• Take part in editorial planning.
• Pitch story ideas.
• Strong production, writing and storytelling skills.
• Intimate knowledge of American politics and cable news television genre.
• Strong research and reporting skills.
• 5 years of experience in some form of journalism required (i.e. cable or network news, website, newspaper).
• Experience producing live cable television is preferred
• Candidate should be able to deal with daily script deadline pressure
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news
• Must be willing to work in NYC
• Possess ability to develop story ideas, research, and plan segments.
• Ability to ''book'' guests, and work with graphics and video elements. Exceptional editorial skills:
• Ability to recognize stories with high potential for provocative, compelling television.
• Knowledge of current events, politics and pop culture. Up to date on periodicals, including Op-Eds.