MSNBC is hiring booking PAs in our primary studio locations to support the MSNBC Reports shows. The ideal candidate is an ambitious person who loves working with high-profile guests, meeting new people with enthusiasm, and learning a new, valued television journalism skill in a real-time news environment. Applicants should have a passion for journalism and a curiosity for all news beats, who wants to be trained by the best-in-the-business cable news booking team to be future leaders in our newsroom and for our shows.
This is a staff with end date position for 6 months.
• Work with MSNBC news programs to greet guests for our cable news programs, moving them into our facilities, to our sets and then making sure they have a great on-air experience.
• Work for network booking leaders to develop and deploy booking plans for special events.
• Do real-time booking during breaking news events.
• Backup show bookers and booking associate producers during vacation days and leaves.
• Pitch guest ideas to booking leaders and show producers on the most important news stories of the day.
• Previous internship or exposure to work in a newsroom at any level.
• College degree
Additional Job Requirements:
• Must be willing to work in our office in New York, NY or Washington DC
• Must be willing to work weekends and early/late hours.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the
• Must be willing and able to work under tight deadline
pressure, including breaking news.
• Demonstrated writing skills and knowledge of current
events, politics and pop culture.
• Strong research skills and news judgment.
• Good phone skills.
• Excels under deadline pressure.
• Loves creative thinking and problem solving.
• A true 'people person' who enjoys meeting new people
and building relationships that benefit the overall news
• Familiarity with social media tools for research and guest
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g67vw0-54-144-55-253-42 in your application.