MSNBC is looking for a Production Assistant for the 2PM show with host Katy Tur.
This is a staff with end date position for 6 months.
• Assist in compiling research for anchor, maintaining on-air updates during live program
• Gather information on breaking news stories for anchors to relay on air
• Print scripts for anchors and build updates
• Provide daily support by managing calendars, appearance and schedule
• Schedule and book travel and meetings
• Organize and schedule meeting and interviews
• Maintain and process expense reports
• Respond to correspondences
• Order and coordinate all graphic elements for air when needed
• Oversee the airing of all graphic elements in control room during live program when needed
• Work closely with producers to research, select and locate required footage for broadcast
• Must have a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
• Must have at least 2 years' production experience.
• Must be proficient with Desktop editing.
Additional Job Requirements:
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under
tight deadline pressure, including breaking news.
• Proficient editing with Avid.
• Ability to enterprise, research and plan stories.
• Thorough knowledge of current events, US politics,
geopolitics, foreign policy and history.
• Wide-range reader of news, including op-eds.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwnzzj-3-230-144-31-42 in your application.