Anchor Production Assistant
New York, NY
Anchor Production Assistant, Weekends
This is a staff with end date position for 6 months.
• Assist in compiling research for anchor, maintaining on-air updates during live program
• Gather information on breaking news stories for anchors to relay on air
• Print scripts for anchors and build updates
• Provide daily support by managing calendars, appearance and schedule
• Schedule and book travel and meetings
• Organize and schedule meeting and interviews
• Maintain and process expense reports
• Respond to correspondences
• Order and coordinate all graphic elements for air when needed
• Oversee the airing of all graphic elements in control room during live program when needed
• Work closely with producers to research, select and locate required footage for broadcast
• At least one year of news production experience.
• Bachelor's degree.
Additional Job Requirements:
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under
tight deadline pressure, including breaking news.
• Excellent knowledge of politics, history and current events.
• Must have the ability to work under deadline pressure.
• Knowledge of Avid/Interplay and iNews preferred.