Founded in 2001, MR. X is an award-winning visual effects company specializing in High-Concept series episodic and feature films. With years long relationships with some of Hollywood's top creators, MR. X has delivered the visual effects for critically acclaimed titles like; The Shape of Water, Roma, American Gods and Vikings, to name a few. By partnering with our clients through every stage of their project, we help shape and guide what makes it to the screen, in some of the world's most exciting film and television content. MR. X has facilities in Toronto, Montreal, Bangalore, Los Angeles and Adelaide, with a combined staff of over 800 filmmakers, artists, and programmers. We are MR. X. Partners in storytelling.
The VFX Supervisor is responsible for the creative direction of the visual effects for the project they are assigned to. As part of this, they act as a key point of contact with the creative leads on the client/production side. The VFX Supervisor works closely with VFX Producers, CG Supervisors and Discipline Supervisors to review work as it progresses into it's final state and are responsible for presenting work and discussing the work with the client along the way, keeping in mind at all times the project delivery milestones and deadlines.
• Work with New Business to secure film awards through bidding and pitches, and continue into production to breakdown the work per shot
• Work with local Executive Producer and Head of Creative Operations to help establish the project's show team
• Oversee that the project has been technically setup by working with the CG supervisors, Imaging, Screening Support, Production Engineering and Heads of Technology
• Establish the strategy for a project in partnership with the Producer
• Present show kickoff meetings for all or currently available crew members to brief the overall work involved in the project
• Attend dailies sessions every day to oversee the work being carried out by the crew and brief any builds or shots in more detail
• Identify key project challenges either creative or technical and work with your team to establish strategy around solving those challenges
• Work closely with the VFX Producer and Production Manager to ensure an accurate schedule is set up, maintained and is realistically achievable
• Manage the client throughout the process by continuing to engage, present and discuss the work, and engage with the VFX Producer and Executive Producer if there are any concerns relating to client engagement, discussions or requests
• Established experience with high-end film based VFX pipelines as a CG Supervisor or Discipline Supervisor
• Solid knowledge of VFX production, as well as up-to-date knowledge of VFX tools and emerging technologies
• A good understanding of colour theory and film application for live-action features, including film-stock, film-grain, colour-space and lookup tables, film processing and DI processing
• A good experience with blue/green screen compositing as well as integration of 3D elements into plates
• Extensive hands-on experience with production tools and pipelines
Technicolor is home to the world's premiere portfolio of visual effects brands, services, and creative innovations. With locations that span the globe, and service offerings tailored to the specific creative and storytelling needs of each project, we power premium content. Our diverse family of VFX brands includes: MPC, The Mill, MR. X, Mikros MPC Advertising, and Technicolor VFX. Each studio has their own unique approach to help storytellers create out of this world experiences.