Founded in 2001, MR. X is an award-winning visual effects company specializing in High-Concept series episodic and feature films. With years long relationships with some of Hollywood's top creators, MR. X has delivered the visual effects for critically acclaimed titles like; The Shape of Water, Roma, American Gods and Vikings, to name a few. By partnering with our clients through every stage of their project, we help shape and guide what makes it to the screen, in some of the world's most exciting film and television content. MR. X has facilities in Toronto, Montreal, Bangalore, Los Angeles and Adelaide, with a combined staff of over 800 filmmakers, artists, and programmers. We are MR. X. Partners in storytelling.
This is a senior software role that contributes across the Technicolor portfolio by architecting and implementing state of the art tools for image creation and finishing. These disciplines encompass lighting, rendering, compositing, plate and movie manipulation, and review strategies for all of this.
• Work with Lead to ensure that implementations are consistent with overall Software department strategy.
• Work with and mentor more junior members of the team to help resolve issues and solve problems.
• Communication of tasks, challenges and workflows across a globally distributed team.
• Contribute technical and user facing documentation.
• Work with teams cross site in the development of Creative tools for a multisite studio
Skills and Experience
• Proven experience in a VFX facility (or equivalent industry).
• Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a Technical Animation Degree.
• Strong understanding of computer graphics, mathematics, and physics/simulation.
• Intermediate knowledge of C++ and Python. Lua a bonus.
• Competency with Linux operating system and developing on this platform.
• Expert knowledge of key VFX application APIs: Katana, Renderman, and Nuke.
• Experience with modern imaging pipelines, including AOVs, deep compositing, and image formats.
• Intermediate knowledge of other VFX application APIs: Maya and Houdini.
• Experience using development best practices.
• Experience designing simple UX for complex back end functionality.
• Experience with asset management APIs and dependency handling.
• Highly committed and able to work independently and as a team.
• Positive attitude towards learning.
• Extremely organized with good communication skills and an excellent attention to detail.
• Deadline orientated and ability to remain calm in a fast-paced and highly pressure environment.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the dynamic world of visual effects. If you are an ambitious software developer looking for an opportunity to work with cutting edge technology then we look forward to your application.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1yzom-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.