Remote / Virtual
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR REMOTE WORK YOU MUST RESIDE IN ONTARIO
Founded in 2001, MR. X is an award-winning visual effects company specializing in High-Concept series episodic and feature films. With years long relationships with some of Hollywood's top creators, MR. X has delivered the visual effects for critically acclaimed titles like; The Shape of Water, Roma, American Gods and Vikings, to name a few. By partnering with our clients through every stage of their project, we help shape and guide what makes it to the screen, in some of the world's most exciting film and television content. MR. X has facilities in Toronto, Montreal, Bangalore and Los Angeles, with a combined staff of over 800 filmmakers, artists, and programmers. We are MR. X. Partners in storytelling
Our Editorial team serves as the key link between our clients, our in-house production teams, and the artists around the globe working on our film projects.
You will be working closely with the editorial and production staff to ensure edits are up to date and that all the latest VFX versions are be included.
As a screening room operator, you will be maintaining the dailies schedule, ensure that priorities are being met and that dailies are started on time. You will be reviewing updated edits and spot issues or changes to Visual Effects shots
This is a role that will have you developing your skills and learning new experiences.
Screening Room Operator Essentials:
• Knowing how to Operate Davinci Resolve and other editing software during Visual Effects reviews
• Strong communication skills.
• Independent and self-motivated
• Efficient at working under pressure while meeting tight deadlines
• A passion for film editing and willingness to learn.
Any of the following technical skills is a bonus:
• Experience with Linux.
• Experience with a variety of film and HD formats.
• Basic understanding of color science.
• Scripting knowledge such as command line usage or python.
Any of the following experience is a great advantage:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent technical school certification in film editing or computer graphics, or equivalent work experience.
• Previous experience in online or offline editing, preferably in visual effects
• Advanced knowledge of Davinci Resolve or other editing software.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm5xpv-3-238-98-214-42 in your application.