Founded in 2001, MR. X is an award-winning visual effects company specializing in High-Concept series episodic and feature films. With years long relationships with some of Hollywood's top creators, MR. X has delivered the visual effects for critically acclaimed titles like; The Shape of Water, Roma, American Gods and Vikings, to name a few. By partnering with our clients through every stage of their project, we help shape and guide what makes it to the screen, in some of the world's most exciting film and television content. MR. X has facilities in Toronto, Montreal, Bangalore, Los Angeles and Adelaide, with a combined staff of over 800 filmmakers, artists, and programmers. We are MR. X. Partners in storytelling.
Rigging Artists are responsible for producing high-quality kinematic-control and deformation systems for our CG models.
If you have a passion for rigging, can use Maya and are comfortable with Mel or Python scripting then we want to hear from you!
• Experience with Maya
• Experience with Mel or Python scripting
• Any of the following technical skills is a bonus:
• Previous Experience with Linux
• Previous experience performing Character FX or Crowd tasks
• C++ programing experience
• Knowledge of relevant mathematical processes
Any of the following experience is a great advantage:
• Previous experience in a VFX environment
• An education or interest in anatomy and mechanics
• Previous experience working from 3D scans and/or 2D artwork
The details above provide an outline of the key requirements for candidates to apply for a role in this department. At Mr.X we have a number of job classifications within our artist team structure. These are:
• Key Artist
• Technical Artist
• Head of Department
Based on your skills we will assess your suitability for a particular role during the application process.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rez3k5-3-214-224-207-42 in your application.