Founded in 2001, MR. X is an award-winning visual effects company specializing in High-Concept series episodic and feature films. With years long relationships with some of Hollywood's top creators, MR. X has delivered the visual effects for critically acclaimed titles like; The Shape of Water, Roma, American Gods and Vikings, to name a few. By partnering with our clients through every stage of their project, we help shape and guide what makes it to the screen, in some of the world's most exciting film and television content. MR. X has facilities in Toronto, Montreal, Bangalore, Los Angeles and Adelaide, with a combined staff of over 800 filmmakers, artists, and programmers. We are MR. X. Partners in storytelling.
We have created a collaborative team environment where 2D, 3D VFX Artists and TDs work alongside each other to create stunning, award-winning visual effects for our Clients.
Capable of delivering award-winning technical solutions to creative challenges we are looking for someone able contribute directly to the success and timely delivery of some of the most technically challenging and widely recognized movies in production.
To work hand-in-hand with our artists and software R&D team, bridging the gap between creative and technical you'll be providing the support for the tools and technologies used to create the stunning imagery for our films. It is a highly dynamic environment, which requires a cool head, creative thinking and pragmatic problem solving. As a Pipeline TD you will understand and feed into the improvement of our pipeline and workflows as defined by the Head of CG, and in alignment with the broader FEV Pipeline standards and practices.
You must maintain a close relationship with the Creative group (Supervisors, leads and artists) in the various disciplines to build awareness of discipline needs, knowledge of user workflows and guide design and development of pipeline projects that service your team and their disciplines.
• Help Mr. X adapt the existing pipeline and tools to their new approach and operating as the front-line support for artists
• Create elegant solutions and tools to speed up workflows, alleviate bottlenecks and facilitate production
• Maintaining Mr. X specific Pipeline projects and tools
• Collaborating with Software to identify broader issues that could benefit the overall FEV group, aiming to boost efficiencies across the board
• Creating quick scripts, macros and tool for bespoke and/or repetitive tasks that would take artists far too long to perform by hand.
• Remain in close contact with Software and will be expected to conform to R&D operational and coding standards. Film TDs will remain informed of larger FEV initiatives and included in general R&D department meetings and presentations and align with Software on key projects as benefits Film.
• Constantly trying to reduce personal technical debt by following strict Mr. X code style standards.
• Including descriptive ''doc-strings'' with all written classes and functions for automated code reference documentation.
• For larger projects, writing unit tests that run various production scenarios through your code so that bugs can be caught before deployed in production.
• Very strong Python knowledge
• Strong experience using at least one or all the following applications as a technical artist: Houdini, Nuke, Maya, Katana, etc.
• A good understanding of artist workflows and how the tools they use work
• A passion for moving technology forward to empower artist creativity through alleviation of multi stepped technical processes
• Experience using the python API of a digital content creator application like the aforementioned
• Functional knowledge of Linux based distributions
• Familiarity with the concepts of registering files on a database to facilitate a large team of artists, working across multiple sites
• Knowledge of Renderman
• Experience with C/C++, Lua and/or other scripting languages
• Familiarity with developing technology for a large team of artists, working across multiple sites
• Knowledge of color pipeline
• Knowledge of shotgun application
• Ability to establish and maintain a professional rapport with clients
• Excellent ability to work under pressure
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to prioritize and delegate tasks
• Work well with others in a team environment
• Demonstrates an aptitude for leadership
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Excellent problem-solving ability
• Pleasant manner
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3yj15-34-207-247-69-42 in your application.