TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR REMOTE WORK YOU MUST RESIDE IN TORONTO
Founded in 2001, MR. X is an award-winning visual effects company specializing in High-Concept series episodic and feature films. With years long relationships with some of Hollywood's top creators, MR. X has delivered the visual effects for critically acclaimed titles like; The Shape of Water, Roma, American Gods and Vikings, to name a few. By partnering with our clients through every stage of their project, we help shape and guide what makes it to the screen, in some of the world's most exciting film and television content. MR. X has facilities in Toronto, Montreal, Adelaide, Bangalore and Los Angeles, with a combined staff of over 800 filmmakers, artists, and programmers. We are MR. X. Partners in storytelling.
Lighting artists produce high-quality lighting and rendering for our CG scenes
You'll be engaging at every stage of production including pre-visualization of complicated sequences, look development, and research and development. You'll optimize and troubleshoot lighting and rendering problems in a fast-paced environment.
Working closely with CG Supervisors/Leads, lighting artists determine best approaches to solve 3D challenges and develop final looks.
Lighting artists also work closely with compositors to finish selected shots so that computer generated elements are seamlessly integrated with live-action plates.
If you have a passion for lighting, then we want to hear from you!
• Experience with Houdini
• Strong knowledge of rendering techniques
Any of the following technical skills is a bonus:
• Intermediate-level compositing experience (Nuke)
• Ability to problem solve and predict potential problems with assigned tasks
• Experience with Renderman, Redshift, and/or Mantra
• Experience with Houdini Digital Assets, VOPS and VEX
• Experience with Python scripting
• Experience with Texture Painting, 3D Modeling or Look Development
Any of the following experience is a great advantage:
• Ability to manage personal as well as team milestones and deadlines
• Previous experience in a VFX environment
• Strong communication skills are critical. Candidate must be able to work within a team, taking direction and exercising attention to detail in a fast-paced production environment
• Knowledge of photography, lighting and composition
The details above provide an outline of the key requirements for candidates to apply for a role in this department. At MRX we have a number of job classifications within our artist team structure. These are:
• Key Artist
• Technical Artist
• Head of Department
Based on your skills we will assess your suitability for a particular role during the application process.