Founded in 2001, MR. X is an award-winning visual effects company specializing in High-Concept series episodic and feature films. With years long relationships with some of Hollywood's top creators, MR. X has delivered the visual effects for critically acclaimed titles like; The Shape of Water, Roma, American Gods and Vikings, to name a few. By partnering with our clients through every stage of their project, we help shape and guide what makes it to the screen, in some of the world's most exciting film and television content. MR. X has facilities in Toronto, Montreal, Bangalore, Los Angeles and Adelaide, with a combined staff of over 800 filmmakers, artists, and programmers. We are MR. X. Partners in storytelling.
As an DMP Artist you are responsible and specialize in creating photorealistic backgrounds and environments to match the overall look and feel of the film. Being able to interpret the clients needs by, combining skills in painting and 3D with a good knowledge of composition, design, photography, and digital modeling to create 2D and 3D images for film with or without the use of conceptual mock-ups.
If you have a passion for painting and have a good eye for detail , collaborate well with others and want to work on a variety of exciting shows, then we want to hear from you!
• 2.5D / 3D projecting experience (3D generalist or Nuke compositing experience) is a plus;
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written;
• Strong knowledge of photography is a bonus, especially in relation to lenses;
• Demonstrable skills in Concept design desirable but not essential;
• Mari, Vue and/or Modo experience would be an asset.
• Skill with painting photo-real images using photo reference to create the highest quality digital set extensions, skies, elements, and environments;
• Strong traditional art skills including knowledge of color, lighting, perspective, and composition;
• Strong artistic flexibility, versatility, ability to match and/or adapt painting style to suit a range of production designs;
• Advanced 2D skills in Photoshop and/or Mari with 3D experience, preferably in Maya;
• Ability to complete work within the bid timeframe, while maintaining constant communication with production teams and other CG artists
• Bachelor's degree in illustration, industrial design, or fine art preferred;
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dykk53-18-232-179-37-42 in your application.