Founded in 2001, MR. X is an award-winning visual effects company specializing in High-Concept series episodic and feature films. With years long relationships with some of Hollywood's top creators, MR. X has delivered the visual effects for critically acclaimed titles like; The Shape of Water, Roma, American Gods and Vikings, to name a few. By partnering with our clients through every stage of their project, we help shape and guide what makes it to the screen, in some of the world's most exciting film and television content. MR. X has facilities in Toronto, Montreal, Bangalore, Los Angeles and Adelaide, with a combined staff of over 800 filmmakers, artists, and programmers. We are MR. X. Partners in storytelling.
Department managers work in partnership with their creative counterpart – the Head of Department – to oversee the artist teams.
The Department Manager is responsible for the artist's daily routine, salary management and helps in recruitment of new talent while driving show deliverables and quotas to ensure our projects keep targeting.
Department Manager essentials:
• Adept in managing large teams
• Experience in managing budgets and keeping to financial targets
• Experience in salary management
• Experience in a delivery driven environment
• Confident clear communicator
• Excellent organization and negotiation skills
• Team Oriented
Any of the following technical skills is a bonus:
• Strong project management skills and a sensitivity towards deadline related deliveries
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Any of the following experience is a great advantage:
• Previous experience in VFX or in a creative environment
• Experience of strategic scheduling tools
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d587k0-54-227-97-219-42 in your application.