Creature FX Artist (Techanim)
Founded in 2001, MR. X is an award-winning visual effects company specializing in High-Concept series episodic and feature films. With years long relationships with some of Hollywood's top creators, MR. X has delivered the visual effects for critically acclaimed titles like; The Shape of Water, Roma, American Gods and Vikings, to name a few. By partnering with our clients through every stage of their project, we help shape and guide what makes it to the screen, in some of the world's most exciting film and television content. MR. X has facilities in Toronto, Montreal, Bangalore, Los Angeles and Adelaide, with a combined staff of over 800 filmmakers, artists, and programmers. We are MR. X. Partners in storytelling.
Creature FX Artists sets up skin, muscle, cloth, hair and fur on our hero-creatures. Tasked primarily to develop and design tools and setups associated with a variety of creature complex deformations, CFX Artists are a balance of technical and creative who are capable of scripting pipeline tools to streamline our shot-making processes.
Creature FX Artist Essentials
• Knowledge of Houdini, Maya, and Nuke
• Knowledge of a variety of solvers used for cloth and hair techniques
• Knowledge of physically based simulation techniques and how they relate to film
• Experience with finagling and PSD workflows
• Ability to work with and organized complex, physically-based assets
• Experience with setting up a production pipelines while being able to follow guidelines
• Strong artistic aptitude with a discipline in hyper-realism as opposed to perceptual representationalism
• Strong understanding of physics and mathematics
• The ability to support themselves and take initiative
Any of the following technical skills is a bonus
• Python and MEL scripting experience, HDK and C++ welcome
• Knowledge of Ziva
Any of the following experience is a great advantage:
• Production experience
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3xp05-54-158-251-104-42 in your application.