Founded in 2001, MR. X is an award-winning visual effects company specializing in High-Concept series episodic and feature films. With years long relationships with some of Hollywood's top creators, MR. X has delivered the visual effects for critically acclaimed titles like; The Shape of Water, Roma, American Gods and Vikings, to name a few. By partnering with our clients through every stage of their project, we help shape and guide what makes it to the screen, in some of the world's most exciting film and television content. MR. X has facilities in Toronto, Montreal, Bangalore, Los Angeles and Adelaide, with a combined staff of over 800 filmmakers, artists, and programmers. We are MR. X. Partners in storytelling.
As Compositing Supervisor you will determine the best approach to solve compositing challenges and develop final look. This includes supporting various internal stakeholders such as The Head of Department, Compositing teams and Production.
You will work with the Head of Department to;
• Develop and document best practices
• Support interdepartmental collaboration
• Recruit talent and guide artists' professional development - continually assessing artist skill levels and aptitudes, providing performance feedback, mentoring, etc.
• Develop and deliver training programs
• Organize and conduct departmental post-mortems upon completion of shows
• Provide artistic and technical support to Lead Compositors
You will support Lead Compositors and Production teams with:
• bidding, planning, forecasting, etc.
• look development of projects
• solving technical issues, designing workflows, etc.
• providing artistic and technical support to artists
• Within the compositing department, ensure adherence to:
• established best practices
• highest aesthetic standards
• Lead show teams of compositors, as required
• Extensive experience with leading compositing teams for film or high-end TV/Streaming
• Advanced knowledge of Nuke and all aspects of compositing
• Ability to composite high-complexity, creatively challenging shots or lookdev
• Ability to lead and mentor a team
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Familiarity with Linux and bash/tcsh scripting an asset
• Familiarity with Python scripting/Nuke gizmos/NDK an asset
• Advanced knowledge of filmmaking / photography an asset
• On-set supervision experience an advantage
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gke05p-3-236-239-91-42 in your application.