Founded in 2001, MR. X is an award-winning visual effects company specializing in High-Concept series episodic and feature films. With years long relationships with some of Hollywood's top creators, MR. X has delivered the visual effects for critically acclaimed titles like; The Shape of Water, Roma, American Gods and Vikings, to name a few. By partnering with our clients through every stage of their project, we help shape and guide what makes it to the screen, in some of the world's most exciting film and television content. MR. X has facilities in Toronto, Montreal, Bangalore, Los Angeles and Adelaide, with a combined staff of over 800 filmmakers, artists, and programmers. We are MR. X. Partners in storytelling.
Animators are responsible for producing high-quality animated performance for our productions.
If you are passionate about animation and you think you have what it takes to create believable lifelike performances with the use of Maya, then we want to hear from you!
• Understanding of realistic body mechanics
• Character acting and performance
• Experience with animating quadrupeds and other animals
• Any of the following technical skills is a bonus:
• Previous experience with Linux
• Scripting knowledge - Mel or Python preferred
• Previous experience in a VFX environment
• An understanding of Rigging
Any of the following experience is a great advantage
• Experience as an Animator or Lead within visual effects
The details above provide an outline of the key requirements for candidates to apply for a role in this department. At Mr.X we have a number of job classifications within our artist team structure. These are:
• Key Artist
• Technical Artist
• Head of Department
Based on your skills we will assess your suitability for a particular role during the application process.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6nnyq-3-236-28-137-42 in your application.