Founded in 2001, MR. X is an award-winning visual effects company specializing in High-Concept series episodic and feature films. With years long relationships with some of Hollywood's top creators, MR. X has delivered the visual effects for critically acclaimed titles like; The Shape of Water, Roma, American Gods and Vikings, to name a few. By partnering with our clients through every stage of their project, we help shape and guide what makes it to the screen, in some of the world's most exciting film and television content. MR. X has facilities in Toronto, Montreal, Bangalore, Los Angeles and Adelaide, with a combined staff of over 800 filmmakers, artists, and programmers. We are MR. X. Partners in storytelling.
Key to this role is to be an expert learner and to be able to take complex information and make it simple and easy to understand, using a variety of educational techniques. Candidates should have a love of teaching and learning, and great enthusiasm for visual effects.
The following tasks provide a general overview of the types of activity the role holder will be expected to engage in on a day-to-day basis. The tasks are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities as the nature of our business requires all employees to be flexible, self-motivated and to think creatively when presented with challenges.
• Present lectures on technical and creative topics in an open, upbeat, engaging manner.
• Guide and coach students in creating quality work.
• Challenge and encourage students to do better.
• Learn the pipeline tools, procedures and implementations quickly and stay updated.
• Communicate effectively and proactively with partner departments, including the Animation department and recruiting.
• Create and improve on documentation and written learning content.
• Run training dailies and provide feedback and reviews.
• Assess whether the students are meeting targets, work with them to improve, and provide feedback about their success to the head of department (HOD) across the different business units.
• Review success of students after each round with all partners, enhance successes and address failures.
We may extend teaching contracts between courses to continue to improve the curriculum. Responsibilities include:
• Create and edit video tutorials with an emphasis on brevity, clarity and zero errors.
• Work with partners in departments to coach and support them in the creation of educational materials – such as tutorials, documentation, and project files.
• Ongoing development of our curriculum to effectively meet the needs of students and production.
• An expert Animator in Maya with at least four years of production experience in feature films.
• Should have experience in Rigging.
• An excellent communicator, both written and verbal.
• Ability to work independently within an organization to get information proactively.
• Previous experience as a trainer is highly desirable, but applicants with a genuine interest in moving into training will be considered.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d89n4m-52-90-49-108-42 in your application.