TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR REMOTE WORK YOU MUST RESIDE IN MONTREAL
Founded in 2001, MR. X is an award-winning visual effects company specializing in high-concept episodic series and feature films. With years long relationships spanning the globe and including some of the industry's top creators, MR. X has delivered visual effects for critically acclaimed titles including The Shape of Water, Roma, Da 5 Bloods and Vikings, to name just a few. By partnering with clients through every stage of their project, MR. X helps shape and guide what makes it to the screen for some of the world's most exciting film and episodic television content. MR. X comprises over 600 filmmakers, artists, and technologists working across the company's world-class facilities located in Toronto, Montreal, Adelaide, Bangalore and Los Angeles.
For more information about MR. X – Partners in storytelling – visit http://www.mrxfx.com
The Animation Supervisor is a proven leader, a hands-on manager, and a patient mentor building and overseeing a team of artists who bring amazingly realistic VFX creations to life every day. You will set the show standards while working closely with production, interdepartmental supervisors, and the client to deliver the director's unique vision on the highest level.
REQUIREMENTS & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Minimum 4 years in a lead capacity at a VFX studio.
• Strong artistic aptitude for creature and other types of physically based motion.
• Adaptability for a wide variety of animation styles.
• Act as the point of contact for the animation team, interpret client notes, and guide the animators to create and revise their animation accordingly.
• Rely on and delegate to animation leads when possible.
• Assist in reel reviews, interview animation/lead candidates, and make hiring recommendations.
• Assign tasks that are appropriate to the animators' skills and experience.
• Ability to communicate and lead teams across multiple Mr. X studio locations globally.
• Strong time management skills.
• Excellent knowledge of Maya.
• Knowledge of Shotgun an asset.
• Be active in the development and vision of Mr. X Animation tools and pipeline.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d93957-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.