The aim of a VFX Trainer is to develop and support all our artists to enhance their skills and transition seamlessly into our workflows at MPC. As a VFX Trainer you will work closely within the department of your speciality to guide Artists at all levels. You will report to the Global Head of Training but work closely within the departments to be a positive and supportive influence to the teams.
Key to this role is to be an excellent learner and to be able to take complex information and make it simple and easy to understand, using a variety of educational techniques. Candidates should have a love of teaching and learning and great enthusiasm for visual effects.
The following tasks provide a general overview of the types of activity the role holder will be expected to engage in on a day-to-day basis. The tasks are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities as the nature of our business requires all employees to be flexible, self-motivated and to think creatively when presented with challenges.
• Present lectures on technical and creative topics in an open, upbeat, engaging manner.
• Guide and coach artists in creating quality work.
• Learn the pipeline tools, procedures and implementations quickly and stay updated.
• Communicate effectively and proactively with training team members, senior stakeholders in department being trained, and recruitment.
• Create, improve and maintain on documentation and written learning content.
• Help and support key team members in the creation of documentation and additional learning content.
• Work closely with the Head of Department and Act as artist support and guidance on workflows and technical challenges.
• Work closely with other department members to share technical knowledge and create a legacy of knowledge for all artists and new joiners to benefit from.
• Communicate effectively with other VFX Trainers in the team and department locations to ensure any training is shared and cohesively structured for all artists independent of their location.
• An expert in their field with proven production experience in feature films.
• An excellent communicator, both written and verbal.
• Is able to work independently within an organization to get information proactively.
• Previous experience as a trainer is highly desirable, but applicants with a genuine interest in moving into training will be considered.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyx1yq-3-236-212-116-42 in your application.