At Technicolor, we unite artistry and creativity with technology and innovation to create extraordinary experiences for audiences everywhere. Our award-winning visual effects studios, MPC Film, MPC Episodic, and MR. X work with the world's most imaginative storytellers, to help create out
of this world experiences. Film and Episodic Visual Effects (FEV) is the group which combines these brands to help leverage our knowledge and experience across the globe.
The Production Assistant facilitates administration delivery within the Show/Discipline; managing the calendar, note taking, and acting as the client liaison for reviews and sends.
• Show Management
The Production Assistant is responsible for taking notes in any show meetings and chasing actions to completion. The PA ensures that client sends are performed in line with MPC standards and client guidelines; it is vital that all necessary checks are performed before sends leave the building to ensure no errors have been made. The PA is also responsible for I/O; working with Editorial so that all material received by the client is downloaded and dailied, and responds to I/O e-mails from the client to confirm; tracks all material received and brings up any material sent to Production/Producers/Supervision in morning meetings so that it is reviewed accordingly. Managing client reviews – managing prep time, preparing the agendas and sends to the client; and taking notes, sending client notes, and adding feedback into Review Tool.
Other responsibilities include, ensuring adherence to the standardized show calendar; setting up and updating show tracking documents e.g. sends, version zeros, re-times and re-racks; supporting the Production Manager/Producer to input data into the Weekly Report; and helping with the sync queue and sync tags management.
• Team Management
The Production Assistant supports the Coordinator team with Disciplines both locally and in collaboration with the other facilities; carrying out day-to-day ad-hoc Production tasks including but not limited to sending show sick/late emails, sending show holiday reports, updating and creating show email aliases, and checking and requesting any approved OT lunches for the show team.
• Engagement and Proposition
Champion a positive and productive culture of high performance, supporting the brand as a global industry leader in visual effects; be an advocate of diversity and inclusivity.
• Leadership skills – creative approach to resolving challenging situations; problem solver; forward planning; confidence and a critical thinker who works well under pressure
• Management skills – highly organized and analytical; good use of initiative; proactive; time management
• Communication skills – ability to work with a team; honest and attentive; good written/verbal comms; listening skills
• People person – teamwork and working well with others
• Collaborative spirit – team player who is able to build relationships and resolve conflict; willingness to learn
• Nice to have – Some Film Industry knowledge