Los Angeles, CA
The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
Mill Experience is a strategic studio within The Mill creating mixed reality, virtual events, experiential activations and interactive products for brands and agencies.
The globe-spanning team of forward-thinking technologists and creatives works on innovation consultancy, project management, design, and execution to dream and build concepts beamed from the future.
From augmented reality to artificial intelligence, we use our unrivaled expertise to craft memorable visual experiences to engage and captivate audiences.
The Production Coordinator will support the Global Director and Production team in the day to day running of the MillX business line, products and projects.
You must have an innate ability to multitask, supporting concurrent projects across time zones. You must be able to pivot, switch focus and remain motivated in a fast-paced environment with diligent attention to detail and impeccable time management. All while keeping strong communication and interpersonal skills.
You will bridge business building with bringing production support to projects ranging from internal systems and processes to client-facing products and solutions.
The MillX Coordinator works with Resource Managers and Production to assign sufficient and suitable resources to projects, balance workloads, source for freelancers and resolve resource conflicts across a large group of creatives, technologists, studio resources, and production staff.
This is a team that is passionate about the constant evolution of its technology, solutions, products and talent. Our ideal candidate is tuned into emergent technology platforms and trends - from AI to XR. You connect the dots and provide the framework between creative and technology.
• Work collaboratively with world-class creatives, technologists and production across all studios to drive results and outcomes
• MillX support as required, including diary management, expenses/raising POs and preparing monthly and annual Board reports. Record meeting minutes and generate agendas / action lists for attendees as needed.
• Work with Production to ensure projects run on track and project requirements and deliverables are clearly communicated, understood, and executed upon
• Maintain schedules and use task tracking tools to ensure tasks are kept current and are properly assigned to the team
• Have detailed understanding of creative & technologists skillsets; work with Production and Resource Manager to assign personnel to projects, proactively identify resource challenges and be prepared to reach out to 3rd party vendors and/or freelancers as needed.
• Join weekly cross-department/business line resource meetings
• Compile reference material and pitch content for proposal decks
• Input all project details into sales/production tracker systems as necessary
• Recap and create debriefs for key completed projects; facilitate discussions on lessons learned and new knowledge gained; document properly and share
• Compile credit list and PR details at job wrap for Marketing team
• Additional duties, tasks, and responsibilities as assigned
• Extraordinary written, verbal, and visual presentation communication skills, organizational skills, and people management skills.
• Resourceful and lateral thinking; highly proactive with a good sense of initiative
• Curious, flexible problem-solver; able to take direction but also proactive in making suggestions and finding solutions
• Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and change direction depending on the current needs of the situation
• A passion for learning new skills, software tools and technologies
• Knowledge of Jira, Git, Google docs, Microsoft Office products, Adobe Creative Cloud
• Bonus skills – direct knowledge of Unity and/or UE4.
• 1-3 years of experience of relevant work experience and solid knowledge of interactive development processes within digital-first, interactive and/or game companies.
Technicolor is home to the world's premiere portfolio of visual effects brands, services, and creative innovations. With locations that span the globe, and service offerings tailored to the specific creative and storytelling needs of each project, we power premium content. Our diverse family of VFX brands includes: MPC, The Mill, MR. X, Mikros MPC Advertising, and Technicolor VFX. Each studio has their own unique approach to help storytellers create out of this world experiences.