Mikros Animation is a global CGI animation studio, part of Technicolor Creative Studios, located in Paris, Montreal, Los Angeles, Bangalore and London, dedicated to feature films and episodic content. Since its inception, Mikros Animation has always put creativity and CG artistry at the heart of its animation and production activities, allowing our artists to work across a great variety of stories with a high level of stylized craft. So far, Mikros Animation has contributed to ten released feature animations and to numerous high-quality animated series, for the world's best-known animation studios, either as creative studio, line producer or executive producer. Mikros Animation has also produced more than 250 hours of programming, broadcast by notable channels including Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, TF1, France TV, Gulli, M6, Gloob, and Super RTL. Our animated episodic content airs and streams globally, in over 180 countries.
At Mikros Animation, we believe great animation is about making real connections with real people. By partnering with filmmakers to unite their creative visions, with our industry-leading craftsmanship and artistry, we create characters that connect with audiences on an authentic and emotional level to bring powerful stories to life.
Under the supervision of the TD Supervisor, the Senior TD FX Simulation manages a Team of TDs specialized in FX and simulations workflow topics. Working with teams of FX department and collaborating with the supervisors of these departments (and their artists) in order to optimize and maintain the tools used daily, and also creating new ones when necessary.
The Senior TD FX simulation is part of the Pipeline team and as in any teamwork, may be required to assist teammates on other tasks than those expected of the position. Also in contact with the Softwares team, they participate in the good communication and collaboration between these 2 teams.
• Lead and technically guide the team in establishing a high level of quality in the tools delivered whilst respecting production deadlines;
• Implement effective strategies to meet project requirements;
• Provide creative ideas and solutions to optimize visual and technical quality;
• Develop tools and procedures supporting the creative process;
• Understand the artistic requirements for the film, and design procedures,; techniques and tools that will meet a film's artistic requirements;
• Organize, prioritize and support the FX teams in resolving day-to-day issues through the correct communication channels;
• Ensure the maintenance and improvement of Mikros Animation's FX departments;
• Collaborate with the other Lead TDs departments and provide them with the necessary assistance to guarantee the efficiency and quality of the tools used;
• Work according to Mikros Animation coding style;
• Liaise with the software team to ensure compliance with internal practices;
• Ensure the follow-up and the relevance of technical documentation for developed and existing tools;
• Test and validate new versions of pre-existing tools in an active production environment;
Skills and experience required…
• A first experience in team management
• Strong knowledge of Python development;
• Previous experience as a TD on animated feature film, animated television series and/or VFX feature film projects;
• Thorough understanding of FX and Simulations;
• Knowledge of Houdini / Katana / Maya;
• Advanced level of understanding of 3D packagings, technologies, FX and Simulation principles;
• Ability to code review and troubleshoot problems as they arise;
• Ability to quickly understand the use of commercially available and proprietary software tools;
• Be able to organize your work efficiently and prioritize the artists' requests while meeting the expected production deadlines;
• Strong written and verbal English language skills
• Ability to communicate in both a technical and artistic manner with various personality types;
• Ability to work collaboratively and share knowledge.
• Be familiar with Agiles/Scrum methodology;
• Coding in C++.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4z4xy-35-172-223-251-42 in your application.