Material Artist (Set surfacing)
Mikros Animation is a global CGI animation studio located in Paris, Montreal, Los Angeles, Bangalore and London, dedicated to feature films and episodic content. Since its inception, Mikros Animation has always put creativity and CG artistry at the heart of its animation and production activities, allowing our artists to work across a great variety of stories with a high level of stylized craft. So far, Mikros Animation has contributed to ten released feature animations and to numerous high-quality animated series, for the world's best-known animation studios, either as creative studio, line producer or executive producer. Mikros Animation has also produced more than 250 hours of programming, broadcast by notable channels including Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, TF1, France TV, Gulli, M6, Gloob, and Super RTL. Our animated episodic content airs and streams globally, in over 180 countries.
At Mikros Animation, we believe great animation is about making real connections with real people. By partnering with filmmakers to unite their creative visions, with our industry-leading craftsmanship and artistry, we create characters that connect with audiences on an authentic and emotional level to bring powerful stories to life.
• Create high quality textures/materials following the references driven by the surfacing supervisors.
• Develop the material library.
• Collaborate with surfacing artists to maintain consistent process and visual quality.
• Assist in designing, implementing and maintaining material pipelines.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in animated movie, vfx movies, or video game as material artist
• Expert skills in Substance Designer
• Solid understanding of PBR rendering and material / light interactions
• Experience with Katana and Arnold is a plus.
• Ability to follow concept/reference and ability to work with wide range of styles with minimal concept and direction.
• Must be proactive and work well in a large team environment.
• Excellent communication/collaboration skills.
• Able to manage and organize work in order to meet deadlines.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g41k0v-54-80-249-22-42 in your application.