Mikros Animation is a global CGI animation studio located in Paris, Montreal, Los Angeles, Bangalore and London, dedicated to feature films and episodic content. Since its inception, Mikros Animation has always put creativity and CG artistry at the heart of its animation and production activities, allowing our artists to work across a great variety of stories with a high level of stylized craft. So far, Mikros Animation has contributed to ten released feature animations and to numerous high-quality animated series, for the world's best-known animation studios, either as creative studio, line producer or executive producer. Mikros Animation has also produced more than 250 hours of programming, broadcast by notable channels including Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, TF1, France TV, Gulli, M6, Gloob, and Super RTL. Our animated episodic content airs and streams globally, in over 180 countries.
At Mikros Animation, we believe great animation is about making real connections with real people. By partnering with filmmakers to unite their creative visions, with our industry-leading craftsmanship and artistry, we create characters that connect with audiences on an authentic and emotional level to bring powerful stories to life.
The Look Development Artist will partake in the creation of the characters look led by the Look Development Supervisor. He/she will have high technical competencies and a strong aesthetic judgement to create high quality images matching the style of the film. He/she will be responsible for the creation of the characters textures and materials.
• Finalize the look of characters and props and suggest nuances or changes to achieve the desired look for production
• Create textures and materials based on concepts and references
• Create UVs and texturing depending on the constrain of the shader and the look
• Create shading networks for specific assets
• Work closely with other departments, the Cg Sup and the Sup to ensure compliance and consistency in assets
• Previous experience in Look Dev with knowledge of full CG feature film
• Excellent understanding of light, colour, textures and materials
• Strong command of Katana and Arnold (or equivalent)
• Knowledge of Maya and Substance Painter (Mari optional)
• Good interpersonal skills
• Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
• Curiosity and interest for technical challenges
• Knowledge in procedural texturing and sculpt is an asset.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbo4bo-3-229-142-91-42 in your application.