Mikros Animation is a global CGI animation studio located in Paris, Montreal, Los Angeles, Bangalore and London, dedicated to feature films and episodic content. Since its inception, Mikros Animation has always put creativity and CG artistry at the heart of its animation and production activities, allowing our artists to work across a great variety of stories with a high level of stylized craft. So far, Mikros Animation has contributed to ten released feature animations and to numerous high-quality animated series, for the world's best-known animation studios, either as creative studio, line producer or executive producer. Mikros Animation has also produced more than 250 hours of programming, broadcast by notable channels including Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, TF1, France TV, Gulli, M6, Gloob, and Super RTL. Our animated episodic content airs and streams globally, in over 180 countries.
At Mikros Animation, we believe great animation is about making real connections with real people. By partnering with filmmakers to unite their creative visions, with our industry-leading craftsmanship and artistry, we create characters that connect with audiences on an authentic and emotional level to bring powerful stories to life.
Under the supervision of the Hair/Groom Supervisor, The Hair/Groom Artist will be responsible for creating characters haircuts and furs.
He/she will create high quality grooming according to the style of the film, relying on his/her strong aesthetic judgment to efficiently interpret supplied references.
Using his/her superior technical skills, he/she will conceive groom according to surfacing and simulation needs.
He/she will meet the needs of the technical workflow and optimisation requests.
• Create and simulate Hair effects on 3D animated characters and animals by referring to the artistic direction of the project;
• Be involved in the development of tools used to create Hair effects;
• Solve problems creatively;
• Collaborate with animators to create Hair effects suitable for animation;
• Keep the timing and production quotas given by the production coordinator;
• Execute the corrections requested by the Supervisor and the Director with an analytical mindset;
• Work with the Supervisor and team lead to ensure the integration and maintenance of configurations;
• Organize the workload and prepare presentations elements for approval;
• Communicate and seek information when necessary;
• Maintain a good team dynamic;
• College diploma in 3D graphic arts/3D animation;
• Previous work experience with YETI as a Hair Artist in a film production environment, animated TV series or visual effects
• Skills in animation, rigging and/or surfacing is a plus;
• Extensive knowledge of MAYA;
• Experience with MEL or PYTHON is a plus;
• Mastery of the Hair tools in MAYA;
• Comfortable with a LINUX/UNIX environment;
• Knowledge of an asset manager such as SHOTGUN is a plus;
• Fluent in English and/or French;
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbovx6-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.