Mikros Animation is a global CGI animation studio located in Paris, Montreal, Los Angeles, Bangalore and London, offering front end services through to final picture for feature, long-form episodic and traditional episodic animation. Thanks to our global capabilities, we adapt our scale to always serve every project in the best possible way.
We believe great animation is about making connections with real people. To ignite connection and to make images unforgettable, we unite with filmmakers to tell their stories. We embrace our clients' creative ideas in our culture of collaboration, making our studios the home of the projects we are entrusted with. We help filmmakers define and develop their vision from script up to screen to make every project a unique one. We craft striking CG animation and we create characters that connect with audiences on an authentic and emotional level, at the highest creative quality and best price possible.
In less than ten years, Mikros Animation has contributed to ten released feature animations and to numerous high-quality episodic shows for the world's best-known animation studios, either as creative studio, line producer or executive producer. Mikros Animation has also produced more than 250 hours of programming, broadcast by notable channels including Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, TF1, France TV, Gulli, M6, Gloob, and Super RTL. Our episodic content airs and streams globally, in over 180 countries.
• To digitally and stylistically extend the environments, in-line with the vision of the Director and Art Director
• Create complex digital backgrounds, landscapes, and environments in a 3D world using a range of digital tools involving painting and rendering programs
• Working with the DMP Supervisor, extrapolate art direction: i.e. design, architectural style, lighting and graphics, which adhere to the Director's overall vision
• Setup and execute 3D paintings in-line with the technical aspects of the work created
• Develop the atmosphere on a range of vistas
• Texture fixing: define and stretch textures where required
• Collaborate with the Art Department, Layout, Modeling, Look Development, Final Set Dressing, Lighting and Compositing, and Stereo teams
• Background painting, traditional & digital painting skills
• Proven ability to complete paintings within a fast paced, dynamic, deadline driven environment, according to expectations
• 2.5D/3D projecting experience is a plus
• Knowledge of Photoshop required
• Knowledge of Blender preferred
• Knowledge of Nuke is a plus
• Excellent attention to detail
• Experience working on animated features preferred but not required
• Good communication skills both verbal and written
• Ability to work well with others in a team environment
The details above provide an outline of the skills and experience we are looking out for. Within our artist team structure, we have a range of positions. These are:
• Lead / Principal Artist
During our recruitment process we will be assessing where your skills and experience best fit.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpw7q9-18-232-179-5-42 in your application.