Moving Picture Company
Remote / Virtual
Mikros Animation is a global CGI animation studio located in Paris, Montreal, Los Angeles, Bangalore and London, dedicated to feature films and episodic content. Since its inception, Mikros Animation has always put creativity and CG artistry at the heart of its animation and production activities, allowing our artists to work across a great variety of stories with a high level of stylized craft. So far, Mikros Animation has contributed to ten released feature animations and to numerous high-quality animated series, for the world's best-known animation studios, either as creative studio, line producer or executive producer. Mikros Animation has also produced more than 250 hours of programming, broadcast by notable channels including Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, TF1, France TV, Gulli, M6, Gloob, and Super RTL. Our animated episodic content airs and streams globally, in over 180 countries.
At Mikros Animation, we believe great animation is about making real connections with real people. By partnering with filmmakers to unite their creative visions, with our industry-leading craftsmanship and artistry, we create characters that connect with audiences on an authentic and emotional level to bring powerful stories to life.
Following instructions from the Lead and Supervisor, the compositing artist is responsible for ensuring high-quality shots. He/she will integrate 3D scenes respecting technical rules and the artistic vision of the project. The Compositor is responsible for seamlessly integrating all layers and elements of a shot as well as shot finaling. The Compositor must have a strong artistic eye and be able to effectively communicate with the animation director, team supervisor and art director.
• Integrate all 3D elements and maintain continuity throughout a sequence using artistic and technical skills
• Perform digital composition tasks at all production stages, including color correction, matte painting, relighting, etc
• Work with Lead and Supervisor to determine creative and technical approaches
• Ensure that the required retakes are considered and follow up
• Meet productivity and quota targets
• Prepare elements for reviews via Shotgun
• Maintain good teamwork and team dynamic
• Compositing experience on 4+ feature films with Nuke (animated feature films preferred)
• Strong knowledge of Nuke
• Excellent artistic, design skills and a good eye for color
• Strong knowledge of Houdini and/or Maya
• Strong knowledge of compositing workflow and application interface
• Able to collaborate, take direction positively, work well within a team, solve technical challenges and thrive under the pressure of tight deadlines
• Experience with Katana/ Arnold is a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d874bx-3-235-223-5-42 in your application.