Mikros Animation is a global CGI animation studio located in Paris, Montreal, Los Angeles, Bangalore and London, dedicated to feature films and episodic content. Since its inception, Mikros Animation has always put creativity and CG artistry at the heart of its animation and production activities, allowing our artists to work across a great variety of stories with a high level of stylized craft. So far, Mikros Animation has contributed to ten released feature animations and to numerous high-quality animated series, for the world's best-known animation studios, either as creative studio, line producer or executive producer. Mikros Animation has also produced more than 250 hours of programming, broadcast by notable channels including Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, TF1, France TV, Gulli, M6, Gloob, and Super RTL. Our animated episodic content airs and streams globally, in over 180 countries.
At Mikros Animation, we believe great animation is about making real connections with real people. By partnering with filmmakers to unite their creative visions, with our industry-leading craftsmanship and artistry, we create characters that connect with audiences on an authentic and emotional level to bring powerful stories to life.
Under the supervision of the Production Manager, the CG Supervisor and in collaboration with the Director, the Lighting Supervisor must provide their team with the guidance and training necessary to reach objectives.
Your main missions will be :
• Deliver a high image quality under the direction of the Artistic Director
• Ensure quality control of the department
• Communicate and work in collaboration with the Lighting Supervisor to find technical and artistic solutions
• Provide effective and sustainable solutions
• Verify that the retakes requested by the client are properly taken into account and ensure follow-up
• Effectively delegate work between Leads and Artists
• Provide updates to the production team
• Train and mentor junior and intermediate Lighters
• Work proactively and collaboratively with all other departments.
• Knowledge of Katana is essential
• Experience working on several animated films as Lead or Supervisor is mandatory
• Advanced knowledge of workflows and validation processes
• Ability to produce high quality aesthetics and technical execution
• Ability to work under pressure while meeting tight deadlines
• Attention to detail and ability to evaluate the quality of others' work
• Ability to problem solve and guide colleagues
• Excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Good level English is imperative
• Good understanding of lighting passes and AOV's
• Knowledge of Python, Gyzmo creation, TCL and Blink Script is advisable
• Knowledge of Deep Compo and ShotGun is a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnbeyk-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.