Unreal Lighting Artist (Method Games)
Method Games is currently looking for a talented Lighting Artist to join our Vancouver team.
In this role, you will:
• Work closely with Lighting Lead, Virtual Production Developer and VFX Supe to develop realistic lighting solutions;
• Help guide the look and feel of lighting for each project;
• Perform look development of CG assets and characters;
• Help deliver solutions on integrating lighting setups into the existing pipelines;
• Take notes on work and offering creative or technical solutions to problems where necessary;
• Oversee and help optimize shots for rendering;
• Translate 2D concepts and use a wide variety of lighting techniques to capture the vision laid out by the Art Director;
• Work in-engine and own both the technical and creative problem spaces;
• Understand game engines and artistic direction to tackle the challenges that will impact lighting;
• Communicate and collaborate with various departments.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
• Experience with in-engine lighting techniques and solutions (Unreal, Unity, Lumberyard);
• Demonstrable ability to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas;
• Ability to take directions and adaptable to change;
• Experience at improvising and problem-solving;
• Comfortability delivering on an expedited schedule.
It would also be helpful if you had:
• Excellent artistic skills, with a strong emphasis on real-world lighting/photography.
Deluxe is the world’s leading video creation to distribution company offering global, end-to-end services and technology. Through unmatched scale, technology and capabilities, Deluxe enables the worldwide market for professionally created video. The world’s leading content creators, broadcasters, OTTs and distributors rely on Deluxe’s experience and expertise. With headquarters in Los Angeles and New York and operations in 38 key media markets worldwide, the company relies on the talents of more than 7,500 of the industry’s premier artists, experts, engineers and innovators.