About the Role:
At Maxis, creator of The Sims, we thrive on outrageous thinking. It's the fuel that inspires the best life simulation games in the world. The Sims 4 is a free-to-enter game with over 70 million players and an extremely unique player base, attracting a large, young, female-skewing audience. If you're excited about creating the best possible experience for these players, come join us!
As a Senior Game Analyst on The Sims 4, you'll be handed the keys to our massive store of player behavioral data, and responsible for unearthing insights that meaningfully inform the development of our games. You'll also help to lead our A/B test and experimentation efforts. This role reports to the Director of Analytics.
This role partners with team leaders from our Product Management, Design, Engineering, Production, and User Experience teams, supporting The Sims 4 live service throughout its entire life-cycle. From pre-launch insight delivery and modeling to post-launch measurement, recommendation, and optimization, you will have a significant influence on the game and player experience.
In addition to working with a tight-knit studio of enthusiastic industry craftspeople, you'll also join a group of experienced data scientists, analysts, and data engineers as a member of the embedded-and-dedicated Data and Analytics (DnA) team.
• Live Service Analyst: Query large behavioral datasets to evaluate game performance. Measure the impact/success of new game features/content and live service events. Establish benchmarks, and provide actionable recommendations from planning through launch.
• Experimentation Lead: Take ownership of our A/B test roadmap, leveraging your demonstrated expertise in experimentation to prioritize our backlog, propose new tests, analyze results, and report on impact.
• Behavioral Change Agent: Influence design and product strategy through fact-based, data-driven insights and analysis. Support our data self-serve efforts.
• Predictive Modeling: Leverage demonstrated experience building, validating and deploying predictive models and algorithms to personalize the player experience.
• Education and Training: Be a strong contributor in our team's data democratization and education effort. Teach, coach, and encourage hypothesis-driven thinking.
Qualifications and Required Experience
• 6+ years of experience working as a data analyst in a professional setting;
• Solid experience designing, running, and analyzing A/B tests;
• Training in statistics; excellent understanding of probability, correlation, regression and classification;
• Advanced/expert proficiency querying large datasets with SQL;
• Hands on experience using Python and/or R for data analysis;
• Experience developing with data visualization tools and BI platforms such as Looker;
• Ability to translate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders;
• Superb focus and organizational skills; able to meet tight deadlines and context-switch;
• Plusses: Hands-on experience with practical applications of machine learning and generative AI.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmjb13-3-227-251-94-42 in your application.