Full Time Job
Digital Asset Coordinator - Atlanta
- Full Time
- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
Job DescriptionMarvel Studios is an entertainment brand defined the stories and successes of our more than 8,000 incredible characters like Iron Man, Thor, Black Panther and Captain America. Based at the Walt Disney Studios in Burbank, California, Marvel Studios is one of the most successful movie studios in the world, today. The Marvel Cinematic Universe multi-film franchises, led by President Kevin Feige, is a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with vision as far-reaching as our stories.
This Digital Asset Coordinator position will be responsible for collecting, archiving and distributing all relevant digital assets created on a Production. These files are necessary to feed various lines of business within the greater Marvel/Disney Studio system.
They will work directly with all Production Departments, vendors, and Disney and Marvel corporate teams to provide training and assistance in the use of 5th Kind's Core Digital Asset Management system, and to ensure files are being captured and organized properly. They will be required to understand and monitor multiple workflows to ensure they are being completed on time.
This position is part of a larger Digital Assets team, and will work closely with other members to provide support and backup for various processes, including Licensing, Marketing, Promotions, and Publishing workflows.
Knowledge of the Core system is not expected, and the hire will be trained, but ideally the candidate should have some working knowledge of AV, such as video codecs, audio formats and aspect ratios. This is preferred but not mandatory. Attention to detail and the ability to wrangle communication between many different users and roles is the priority.
The position is primarily Atlanta based, but some travel may be required (this includes going to the studio lot, visiting vendors, and potential interstate or international travel). Candidate should be comfortable, willing and able to travel when there is a need.
Management of digital asset system:
• Administration of company and user account permissions and options within the system.
Assist in facilitating the collection of digital assets from internal and external sources:
• Provide front line communication, instructions and provide monitoring and assistance for internal and external sources to deliver content to the Marvel DAM.
• Insert delivered content into the Marvel DAM by applying the appropriate meta data and access rights.
• Manual insertion of assets collected from production servers.
Facilitate secure data transfers from the DAM system to internal and external sources:
• Provide front line communication, instructions and provide monitoring and assistance for internal and external sources to receive content from the Marvel DAM.
• Apply appropriate watermarking, formats and codecs based on delivery requirements.
• Follow up to ensure deliveries were completed successfully.
Assist in the organization of digital assets within the DAM system:
• Work closely with Technical Operations team to receive, send and archive content.
• Assist in creating and editing the groups within Marvel's DAM to facilitate organization of assets for easier access.
• Assigning associations for characters, sets, days, scenes, etc. to assets.
• Add and edit attributes such as creator, status, notes for assets to maintain current and accurate asset status.
Provide front line support to users of the DAM system via phone and email:
• Provide front line support for issues with login, forgotten passwords, training and walkthrough for assisting users with inserting and accessing assets
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Strong experience with computers, including: Operating Systems (Macintosh and Windows), Browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Internet Explorer).
• Must have strong organizational skills to maintain multiple tasks and the status of each daily.
• Must be proactive and capable of using system and workflow knowledge to avoid issues before they disrupt workflow.
• Very strong communication skills, and the ability to work well with different groups of people from various departments.
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally if needed.
• 6 months or more working on theatrical productions
• Experience working with digital media, including: transcoding video, manipulating media in programs like Photoshop and Final Cut.
• Familiar with various video and image formats including; TIF, PNG, JPEG, CR2, WMV, MOV, MP4, etc.
• Knowledge of advanced media concepts such as; aspect ratios, letterboxing, streaming, compression techniques, etc.
About Marvel Studios:
Marvel Studios has created one of the most powerful brands by bringing memorable, life-changing storytelling to the world through incredible characters like Iron Man, Thor, Black Panther and Captain America. The Marvel Cinematic Universe multi-film franchises have redefined the genre in building a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel Studios, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with a vision as far-reaching as our stories.
This position is with Marvel Studios LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Studios.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8542x-54-227-97-219-42 in your application.