San Francisco, CA
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
This posting is an opportunity to submit your resume for future consideration; this is not a role that is open at this time. We anticipate this role may be open in the future, but we are not actively hiring for the position. If you would like to be considered for this potential role, please submit your resume. If the role becomes available, you may receive an email or call from a recruiter.
The Producer partners with the Visual Effects Supervisor and Animation Director to lead the crew in fulfilling the Director's vision -- on time and on budget, while maintaining highest quality of work. Primary responsibility is budget and schedule, in collaboration with the Client and ILM Management; and for managing overall Client relationship.
• Meet with clients to review scripts, breakdowns and storyboards for a specific project.
• Partner with Key Creatives to develop the approach for creating the effects work and provide clients with estimates of budget & schedule requirements needed to complete the work.
• Prepare bid letter, key dates schedule, and assumptions for the work of a specific project.
• During production, serve as principal client contact for non-creative issues, tracking and reporting progress of work, budgeting and negotiating cost of work, and delivering cost/schedule changes to ensure client is updated as needed.
• Create, organize, and maintain overall project schedule.
• Manage crew performance. Supervise assigned production staff.
• Estimate project budgets and initiate cost controls for each production.
• Evaluate EFC and work with production accountants to provide management with early, consistent, and accurate EFC reporting.
• Participate and oversee work on-set as required.
• Play a proactive key role in marketing ILM's services to the industry.
• Share responsibility for the success of the entire ILM portfolio by proactively managing schedule; utilizing ILM’s global resources and 3rd party partners, where appropriate.
• The role will likely require weekend work depending on show schedules
• The role may also require:
• Travel for client meetings and/or plate shoot
• Work on the same schedule as first or second unit production
Education / Experience
• Bachelor's degree in Film or related field or equivalent work experience required.
• Five years work experience in production management to include strong working knowledge of Visual Effects techniques and terminology.
Required Skills / Competencies
• Proficiency in Macs/PCs including Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Must possess very strong organizational and communication skills and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner while meeting deadlines.
Lucasfilm is among the world’s leading entertainment service companies, a pioneer in visual effects and sound across multiple mediums, and is home to the legendary Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.